In Texas, we have two good storm seasons and the last one is upon us. I am going to give you five of my best tips to help you get through the season with clean carpet.
- First and foremost, you should use entry rugs to give people a place to wipe their muddy feet. These do not have to be too fancy and can even be just an old towel in bad weather.
- If you can pull of this tip, you will be golden. Make people take their shoes off. Super hard to enforce but it is the best thing for your carpet. Try to get people to keep socks on though to keep skin oils off of the floor.
- If you have a mud accident, do not panic. Most mud will dry on the surface and can be vacuumed out easily. Let it dry overnight and the next day, pull out the vacuum. You will see that most of it simply disappears.
- Use a dehumidifier to get rid of humidity. It will keep musty smells at bay and make your carpet seem fresher. Hint, if you think you do not have a dehumidifier, you are wrong. Your home AC unit will remove a massive amount of moisture, just turn it down a notch.
- Call me when needed. I won’t melt and have no problem working in the rain.